The MIT Graduate Assistance and Information Network (GAIN) is a 24/7 network of professionals who provide life management resources and referrals to help make life easier. Looking for assistance with legal or financial matters? Moving to the Cambridge area but unsure where to begin? Need to find child care or a school for your son or daughter?
Resources for the Realities of Life
MIT GAIN services, which are available at no cost to you and your family, include:
- Legal consultation
- Financial consultation
- Child care resources and personalized research and referrals
- Elder care resources and personalized research and referrals
- Relocation guidance
- School/summer camp selection for children in grades K–12
- Nutrition counseling
- Career assessment
- Resources for other life concerns, such as moving services, home repair and cleaning services, pet care, fitness programs and trainers, and more.
Take advantage of these additional MIT Work-Life programs and resources:
- Backup Child Care ($5 per hour)
- MIT Work-Life Seminar Series and Support Groups
- MIT Technology Childcare Centers
See our FAQs
Have questions? Get answers about MIT GAIN in our FAQs.