The nomination period for the 2013 MIT Excellence Awards is now closed.
Please also consider submitting nominations for the Infinite Mile Award program in your local department.
What makes a successful nomination?
- One that answers the nomination questions and speaks to how the individual/team contribute to the MIT community
- One that shows others support the nomination by adding testimonials to your nomination
3 Things You Will Need To Complete the Online Nomination Form:
- MIT Certificate: You need an MIT Certificate to use this form. If you are not able to obtain an MIT certificate, please submit your nomination to email@example.com, or contact Cori Champagne at 617-253-5986 with questions.
- Choose an award category - We recommend that you select an award category for your nominee in advance. In your nomination, explain how your nominee has met the criteria for the category.
- Prepare the text of your nomination in advance: We highly recommend that you write the body of your nomination in a word processing program ahead of time and then copy and paste it into the fields provided in the form. Answering these questions will help you write the nomination. As you progress through the online form, you will be able to save your work and return to it later.
If you are unable to use the online nomination form, please contact Cori Champagne at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a Microsoft Word version of the form.
Submitting Letters of Support for your Nomination
Supporting statements from colleagues, clients, students and other members of the community can strengthen a nomination significantly. Letters of support for a nomination are written by people other than the original nominator, from colleagues within the MIT community or people outside of it. All letters of support should be submitted via email to email@example.com. Please include the name of the nominee in the subject line of the email and your letter of support in the body of the email. Letters of Supoport can be sent at any point up to the nomination deadline, even if the nomination has not yet been submitted. The committee will accept up to 2 statements of support for each nomination. Letters of support should be no more than (1) page long.
Need Some Help Getting Started?
Please see the useful tips for writing a nomination or the Excellence Awards FAQ.