What Makes a Successful Nomination?
- One that answers the nomination questions and speaks to how the individual/team contribute to the MIT community
- One that shows others support the nomination by adding testimonials to your nomination
Before You Begin
3 Things You Will Need To Complete the Online Nomination Form:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology Certificate: You need an MIT Certificate or your Kerberos username and password to use this form. If you need help, contact email@example.com.
- Choose an award category: We recommend that you select an award category for your nominee in advance. In your nomination, explain how your nominee has met the criteria for the category.
- Prepare the text of your nomination in advance: We highly recommend that you write the body of your nomination in a word processing program ahead of time and then copy and paste it into the fields provided in the form. Answering these questions will help you write the nomination. As you progress through the online form, you will be able to save your work and return to it later.
If you are need assistance with the online nomination form, please contact Cori Champagne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting Statements of Support for your Nomination
Supporting statements from colleagues, clients, students and other members of the community can strengthen a nomination significantly. Statements of support for a nomination are written by people other than the original nominator, from colleagues within the MIT community or people outside of it. Only two statements of support can be accepted for each nomination. Statements of Support can be submitted here, or emailed to email@example.com.
Please include the name of the nominee in the subject line of the email and your statement of support in the body of the email. Statements of support can be sent at any point up to the nomination deadline, regardless of whether the nomination itself has been submitted or is still in progress. The committee will accept up to 2 statements of support for each nomination. Statements of support should be no more than 4-5 paragraphs in length (shorter is fine).