We are now accepting applications for the January 2018 MITAAP program. Please review the criteria below before you apply. All applications are due on December 8, 2017, by 5 pm.
About the Program
The next MITAAP session will take place in January 2018, on Mondays and Thursdays from 9 am to 11 am. See full schedule.
MITAAP will also be offered on Tuesdays in the spring, beginning Tuesday, March 20 and ending Tuesday, May 8. Sessions will run from 9 am to 11 am.
By the end of MITAAP, participants will be able to:
- Further develop core skills and knowledge relevant to the success of their departments, labs, and centers
- Work with a greater sense of respect, confidence, and satisfaction while advancing the work of their areas
- Leverage a professional network of peers across campus
- Have greater influence over their work
- Demonstrate a greater appreciation for their professional identity and value to MIT
MITAAP is intended for Administrative Assistants who are:
- Familiar with the responsibilities and challenges of the Administrative Assistant role at MIT
- Currently successful within their role as an Administrative Assistant
- Self-starters who demonstrate a high level of engagement and professionalism
- Ready and eager to learn and develop
MITAAP is not:
- An orientation to the role of Administration Assistant
- An opportunity to explore other careers at the Institute
- Intended to result in a job change
Criteria for Participation
To be considered for participation, individuals should meet the following criteria:
- Have been in the role of Administrative Assistant at MIT for at least one year
- Demonstrate readiness to learn and develop professionally
- Have explicit support from their supervisor to participate fully in the program
- Can commit to attending all program workshops
- Can commit to bringing back new learning to work area and sharing with others
For all questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the MITAAP team will get back to you.