The Fall 2018 enrollment period will be open from September 4, 2018 through September 18, 2018.
The Spring 2019 enrollment period will be open from February 4, 2019 through February 22, 2019.
About the Program
The Fall 2018 MITAAP session will begin on Friday, October 19, 2018 and end on Friday, December 7, 2018. Sessions will run Friday mornings from 9 am to 11 am.
The Spring 2019 MITAAP session will being on Wednesday, March 3, 2019, and end on Wednesday, May 15, 2019. Sessions will run on Wednesday mornings from 9 am to 11 am.
By the end of MITAAP, participants will be able to:
- Further develop core skills and knowledge relevant to the success of their departments, labs, and centers
- Work with a greater sense of respect, confidence, and satisfaction while advancing the work of their areas
- Leverage a professional network of peers across campus
- Have greater influence over their work
- Demonstrate a greater appreciation for their professional identity and value to MIT
MITAAP is intended for Administrative Assistants who are:
- Familiar with the responsibilities and challenges of the Administrative Assistant role at MIT
- Currently successful within their role as an Administrative Assistant
- Self-starters who demonstrate a high level of engagement and professionalism
- Ready and eager to learn and develop
MITAAP is not:
- An orientation to the role of Administration Assistant
- An opportunity to explore other careers at the Institute
- Intended to result in a job change
Criteria for Participation
To be considered for participation, individuals should meet the following criteria:
- Have been in the role of Administrative Assistant at MIT for at least one year
- Demonstrate readiness to learn and develop professionally
- Have explicit support from their supervisor to participate fully in the program
- Can commit to attending all program workshops
- Can commit to bringing back new learning to work area and sharing with others
For all questions, please send an email to email@example.com and a member of the MITAAP team will get back to you.