- MIT Work-Life Seminar Series: Presented by the MIT Work-Life Center, these seminars provide research-based strategies, tips, and information to help you deal with a diverse array of work-life issues, including parenting adolescents.
MIT's employee assistance program, MIT MyLife Services, provides MIT faculty, staff, postdocs – and families – 24/7 access to a network of experts who are available to help with life concerns.
- Backup Child Care Program: Backup child care through Care.com is available on short notice to help you when your child is mildly ill, your regularly scheduled care is not available, to help you cover school closings, or when your child accompanies you on an MIT business trip or professional conference. Backup child care can be provided during the day or evening seven days a week, in your home, office, or remote work location. Child care providers are trained and screened by Care.com to ensure that your child receives high quality care.
- Raising Teens & Young Adults: Two groundbreaking projects highlight the stages of development from childhood to adulthood, as well as the research-based ways in which parents can help.
- MIT Work-Life Center Lending Library: Includes a selection of books on parenting adolescents and young adults.
- TeenLife: Offers a free, comprehensive web directory of STEM, gap year, pre-college, overnight summer, and community service programs for students in grades 7–12.