Give us some background information that provides an understanding of why the individual or team is being nominated.
- If possible, briefly describe the nominee/team's position and general job responsibilities.
- Is there an issue, problem, or situation that the individual or team successfully addressed?
- Has the individual/team show strong performance consistently?
- How are these steps beyond the normal requirements of their job?
Describe some action steps that were taken.
- How were innovations and/or solutions identified, developed, and implemented?
- Were there collaborative efforts with other disciplines and/or departments?
- How was leadership and/or teamwork exemplified?
What impact does the contribution/achievement have on the DLC, or the Institute?
- How does the community benefit? (Note that "community" may include staff, faculty, students, MIT, Cambridge, national and/or global)
- How did the contribution/achievement improve service quality and/or efficiency?
- How did the contribution/achievement enhance diversity, foster an employee's professional development, and/or promote work/life balance?
Statements of Support
Statements of support from colleagues, clients, students and other members of the community can strengthen a nomination significantly. The committee will accept up to 2 statements of support for each nomination. Statements of support should be no more than 4-5 paragraphs.
Supporting statements from colleagues within the MIT community and people outside MIT may be submitted by using the online form.