Health Plan Options for Retirees and Subscribers Under the Age of 65
2018 Monthly Plan Rates - Retirees Under Age 65
|MIT Traditional Health Plan||$676||$1,757.60|
|MIT Choice Plan||$696||$1,809.60|
|Blue Care Elect Preferred (PPO)||$726||$1,887.60|
What You Should Know
- No copayments for some preventive care services as long as those services are provided by a preferred provider.
- Copayments for some outpatient services are $25.
- There is a $100 copayment for each visit to the emergency room (waived if admitted or for observation stay and regardless of whether you are in or out-of network).
- There is a $50 copayment for high-tech radiology services received by a preferred provider.
- Your clinician will be required to obtain a prior authorization for high-tech radiology and sleep management services.
This a nationwide plan designed to give you the highest level of benefits when you obtain services from preferred providers. These are called your "in-network" benefits. You can also obtain covered services from non-preferred providers, but your out-of-pocket costs are higher. These are called your "out-of-network" benefits.
For more information regarding how the Blue Care Elect Preferred (PPO) Plan works, refer to the Summary of Benefits (below).