Open Enrollment for 2019 will open in the fall.
Review the Highlights for 2018
- Medical Plan Premiums: While the national average medical plan rate increase for 2018 will be 6%, MIT has continued to control medical costs for its employees. Employee premiums for the Traditional and Choice medical plans will increase by 1.9%, on average.
- Medical Plan Copays: Copays for a medical visit will remain the same: $10 if you have a primary care provider (PCP) at MIT Medical and $20 if you have a PCP within the HMO Blue New England network. Copays for prescription drugs will also remain the same for most medications.
- Medical Plan Options: MIT is introducing a new health plan, the MIT High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with a health savings account (HSA).
- Dental Plans: There will be no increase to dental rates for the Basic and Comprehensive Plans in 2018. You will be eligible for dental plan coverage if you are appointed to work at MIT for at least 3 months.
- Other Enhancements: There will be an increase in coverage for children's hearing aids. More information about additional enhancements will be available January 1, 2018.
- Vision Plan: There will be no increase to vision plan rates in 2018.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): The Health Care FSA maximum is increasing from $2,550 to $2,600. The Dependent Care FSA maximum remains the same at $5,000. If you want a Health Care or Dependent Care FSA for 2018, you need to re-enroll.
- You (and those you cover) can use MIT Medical Urgent Care, Eye Service for routine eye exams, Radiology, and the onsite laboratory for tests even if you do not have an MIT Medical PCP. (Note: Not all services are available at Lincoln Laboratory.)
- Open Enrollment is a good time to review your personal information in Atlas such as beneficiary designations, your home address, and emergency contact—as well as gender, ethnicity, race, disability, and veteran status—to support MIT's equal opportunity, affirmative action, and diversity efforts.
If you are a campus employee and have benefits questions, please contact the Benefits Office at email@example.com, or call 617-253-6151; if you are an employee at Lincoln Laboratory, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-981-7055.