You will receive the most cost-effective level of benefits (known as in-network benefits) in the U.S. if you choose services at a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO provider. The GeoBlue Plan also provides an out-of-network benefit for members who choose to receive care outside the PPO network in the U.S.
What you should know:
- You do not need to designate a primary care provider, and referrals are not required to see a specialist.
- There are no copayments for office visits outside the U.S; however, there is a copayment of $25 for office visits in the U.S.
- You have access to the Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO network in the U.S. If you see a provider outside the network, you will be responsible for a deductible of $250/member, $500/family, and coinsurance of 20%.
- You will receive one ID card for medical services and prescriptions.
|Coverage Outside the U.S.||Coverage U.S. In-Network||Coverage U.S. Out-of-Network|
|Lifetime Maximum Benefit||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Deductible||$0||$0||$250 individual $500 family|
|Preventive Care||100%||100%||No deductible;80%|
|Provider Office Visits||100%||$25 copayment||No deductible;80%|
|Inpatient Hospital Care||100%||100%||80%|
|Outpatient Hospital Care||100%||100%||80%|
|Prescription Drugs||Outside the US: $10 copayment per prescription, per 30-day supply. Inside the US: Generic drugs, $10 copayment per prescription, per 30- day supply. Brand drugs: $25 copayment per prescription, per 30-day supply.|
Please visit www.geo-blue.com and click on “Register” in the Account Login section to find providers worldwide. Be sure to have your Certificate Number available, which starts with QHC.
If you need assistance locating a provider inside or outside the U.S., or for questions about your plan, please contact GeoBlue.
Toll free: 855.282.3517
Country Specific Numbers:
- China: 400.600.8015
- Germany: 0800.724.4277
- Italy: 800.979.408
- Spain: 900.814.712
- United Kingdom: 0800.917.2301
- South Korea: 80.908.1051
- Singapore: 1.800.723.1299